Jobs Victoria Fund
Jobs Victoria wage subsidies of up to $20,000 are available for eligible employers who hire eligible jobseekers. Wage subsidies can be used to meet the costs of taking on new employees for the first 12 months of employment.
You can apply for a wage subsidy for up to 20 full time equivalent employees depending on the size of your business. At least 60 per cent of jobs supported by the Jobs Victoria Fund will be for women, reflecting the significant impact the pandemic has had on their employment opportunities.
To qualify for the subsidy, you must employ someone from at least one of the priority groups outlined below. These groups are being supported because the pandemic has particularly impacted their employment.
The Jobs Victoria Fund financially supports these priority jobseekers into work:
- Women aged over 45 years
- Jobseekers who are long-term unemployed (unemployed for six months or more)
- Jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria partner
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- People with disability
- People seeking asylum/refugees
- Newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Young people aged under 25
- People over 45 years
- People previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative.
If you are an employer interested in applying to the Jobs Victoria Fund, you must hire employees from these priority groups before you apply to the Fund. If you meet all the eligibility criteria and supply the necessary information, you will receive funding, subject to availability of funds and conditions. You can apply for a wage subsidy for up to 20 full time equivalent employees.
- I am an employer currently operating in Victoria.
- I have employed new staff on or after 16 March 2021, and I intend to employ new staff for at least 12 months, on a permanent or fixed term basis.
- The new staff come from at least one of the priority groups of jobseekers.
- I am/will be the direct employer of the new employee.
- The jobs that I am applying for pay a salary of less than $120,000 per annum (plus superannuation).