Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
This program announced by the Victorian State Government offers grants of up to $5,000 for eligible small and medium businesses for both employing and non employing businesses.
The Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Be located within Victoria
- Operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- Have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- Have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- Have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27th May 2021
- Be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- Be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- Attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
Eligible businesses will receive a one-off payment of $2,500 or $5,000. The grant amount payable to an eligible business is determined by:
1. The business’ industry sector (see Eligible ANZSIC classes)
2. The business’ location:
- Businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28th May 2021 up to and including 3rd June 2021 will be eligible for funding of $2,500
- Businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28th May 2021 up to and including 3rd June 2021 and further restrictions from 4th June 2021 will be eligible for funding of $5,000.
Information you need for your application
When applying for this grant you will need:
- A valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business in one of these eligible business sectors. The ANZSIC class linked to your ABN registration must be one of these eligible sectors.
- If you employ people, your WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or, if this is yet to be issued, a WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN).
Your ANZIC code. This will be found on the entity’s Tax Return and only use the first 4 numbers.
A valid proof of identity document (Australian driver licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card and Australian visa information and foreign passport).
Want us to make the application for you?
If you prefer that we make this application on your behalf, please contact us for a free quote and we will provide a list of what we require to ensure the application is made quickly on your behalf.